About Kevin Cross
Get a free consultation!
About Kevin Cross
Kevin Cross is a member of several professional tax organizations and also has notable certifications. The most impressive is that he is an Enrolled Agent.
What is an Enrolled Agent?
According to the National Association of Enrolled Agents:
Enrolled Agents (EAs) are federally-licensed tax practitioners who may represent taxpayers before the IRS when it comes to collections, audits and appeals.
As authorized by the Department of Treasury’s Circular 230 regulations, EAs are granted unlimited practice rights to represent taxpayers before IRS and are authorized to advise, represent, and prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts, and any entities with tax-reporting requirements.
Enrolled agents are the only federally-licensed tax practitioners who specialize in taxation and have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the IRS.
Only enrolled agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in all areas of taxation, representation and ethics before they are awarded unlimited representation rights to represent taxpayers before IRS.
In addition to the stringent testing and application process, the IRS requires enrolled agents to complete 72 hours of continuing education every three years in order to maintain their active enrolled agent license and practice rights.
Covington Community Prayer Breakfast
* EA – Enrolled Agent – Licensed to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service
* Certified Public Accountant – Licensed by the States of Georgia and Florida
* Past chairman of the FICPA Federal Tax Committee – 2009
* Fellow of the National Tax Practice Institute- 1999
* Graduate member of the American Academy of Tax – 2001
* CFO of Better Way Health – 2018